Hopefully the start of your weeks have been great! I’m pretty excited for the Necronomicon this weekend! If any of you are going, make sure to keep an eye out for me and say hi!
That writing challenge I did was crazy — it was difficult and challenging, but ultimately fun.
In case you missed it, I wrote seven stories over the course of seven days — Monday to Sunday based on the writing prompts given to me through Twitter, Facebook, etc.
If you haven’t had a chance to read them, you can find them here:
- Monday – State of Alarm. Prompt: siren, provided by anonymous.
- Tuesday – Fever Dream. Prompt: a young man sick with the flu wakes up, only to find his roommates gone and apparitions in their place. Provided by Papa Jazz.
- Wednesday – Buried Two Feet Above. Prompt: a man is trapped in a coffin and before his light goes out, he sees a scorpion at his feet. Provided by Davemeddlehed.
- Thursday – Family Roots. Prompt: trees that listen, provided by Lauren.
- Friday – Wedding Favour. Prompt: a family wedding (Indian Hindu) but the bride is not Indian and then it is revealed that the bride’s cousin is one of the groom’s old classmates. Provided by Sirirani27.
- Saturday – Low Battery. Prompt: someone is trapped in a cave and their batteries run out, provided by MJA.
- Sunday – Gray. Prompt: a group is out camping when something begins calling to them in the woods, though they resist, many succumb to the call. Provided by Scut Manycoats.
Thanks again for all those who submitted prompts during that week!
I’ll be posting something after I’m back from Providence so keep an eye out for that.
x P.L. McMillan